PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Gabon from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Gabon with PlaneJourney. Gabon is home to approximately 2.2 million people.
Major cities and airports in Gabon
- Libreville – Libreville International Airport
- Port-Gentil – Port-Gentil International Airport
- Franceville – Mvengue El Hadj Omar Bongo Ondimba International Airport
- Oyem – Oyem Airport
- Mouila – Mouila Ville Airport
Time and Communication
Gabon operates on West Africa Time all year round without any daylight saving time. The country has a well-developed telecommunication network with the major mobile operators being Airtel Gabon, Gabon Telecom, and Moov Gabon. The call quality is generally good, and cell phone coverage extends across the majority of the country.
Money and shopping
The official currency of Gabon is the Central African CFA franc (XAF). The exchange rate fluctuates but is approximately 1 USD to 554 XAF as of the time of writing. Payments are typically made in the local currency. Credit card payments are not common outside major cities, and it’s advisable to carry cash. Visa and MasterCard are the most widely accepted cards when card payment is available. Currency exchange offices typically operate during regular business hours.
Transportation in Gabon includes a mix of minibuses, taxis, and ferries. The railway line also connects several major cities. Car hire services are available, but driving conditions can be challenging due to the quality of the roads, particularly during the rainy season.
- Loango National Park: This park offers a stunning combination of jungle, savannah, wetlands, and ocean, all teeming with wildlife.
- Lopé National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage site, it is a mix of savannah and rainforest, with ancient rock engravings in the Lopé area.
- Pointe Denis: Just a short boat ride from Libreville, it’s a beautiful beach paradise.
- Lac Oguemoué: A vast, beautiful lake with diverse wildlife, including monkeys, hippos, and numerous species of birds.
- Libreville: The capital city itself is worth exploring, with its vibrant markets, beautiful seafront, and interesting museum of arts and traditions.