PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to the United States from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to the United States with PlaneJourney. The United States, often referred to as the USA, has a population of approximately 331 million people, making it the third most populous country in the world.
Major cities and airports in United States
- New York City – John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Los Angeles – Los Angeles International Airport
- Chicago – O’Hare International Airport
- Houston – George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Phoenix – Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Philadelphia – Philadelphia International Airport
- San Antonio – San Antonio International Airport
- San Diego – San Diego International Airport
- Dallas – Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- San Jose – San Jose International Airport
Time and Communication
The United States spans six time zones from Eastern Standard Time (EST) to Hawaii Standard Time (HST). The country observes daylight saving time. Major cellular providers include Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, offering excellent coverage across the country.
Money and shopping
The local currency is the United States Dollar (USD). Other currencies are typically not accepted for transactions, but credit and debit cards are widely used, including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Currency exchange offices are generally open during regular business hours, 9 am to 5 pm, but hours may vary depending on the location.
In the United States, various modes of transportation are commonly used, including cars, buses, trains, and airplanes. The country has an extensive road and highway system, and car rentals are widely available. Major cities also have public transportation systems including buses, trams, and subways.
- The Statue of Liberty: Located in New York Harbor, this iconic symbol of freedom is a must-see.
- Grand Canyon: Located in Arizona, this natural wonder offers breathtaking views and numerous outdoor activities.
- The White House: Located in Washington D.C., it serves as the official residence and workplace of the President of the United States.
- Disney World: This amusement park in Orlando, Florida, is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world.
- Yellowstone National Park: The first national park in the U.S. offers incredible wildlife and geothermal features.