PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Central African Republic from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Central African Republic with PlaneJourney. Central African Republic has a population of approximately 4.8 million people.
Major cities and airports in Central African Republic
- Bangui – Bangui M’Poko International Airport
- Bambari – Bambari Airport
- Berberati – Berberati Airport
- Bria – Bria Airport
- Carnot – Carnot Airport
- Bozoum – Bozoum Airport
Time and Communication
Central African Republic is on West Africa Time (WAT) and does not observe daylight saving time. Mobile operators in Central African Republic include Orange, Telecel, and Azur. Coverage is limited in some rural areas, but most of the country has cell phone coverage. Call quality may vary depending on the location.
Money and shopping
The currency in Central African Republic is the Central African CFA franc (XAF). As of March 9th, 2023, the exchange rate for 1 XAF is 0.0018 USD. Payment in other currencies is not commonly accepted, so it’s recommended to use Central African CFA francs for most transactions. Payment by bank cards is not very common, so it’s always a good idea to carry some cash with you. Most major credit cards are not accepted. Currency exchange offices typically operate during regular business hours.
Common transportation options in Central African Republic include taxis, shared taxis, and buses. Rental cars are also available in some cities. It’s important to note that road conditions can vary and may be poor in some areas. It’s also recommended to travel during daylight hours and avoid traveling alone, especially at night.
- Dzanga-Sangha National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the best places in Central African Republic for wildlife viewing, including gorillas, elephants, and chimpanzees.
- Bamingui-Bangoran National Park – another national park with diverse wildlife, including lions, elephants, and antelopes.
- Boali Waterfalls – a stunning waterfall located near the town of Boali.
- Bouar Megaliths – an archaeological site with over 1000 megaliths, or large stones, that date back to the Neolithic period.
- Zinga – an ancient city that was once an important center of trade and Islamic learning in Central Africa.