PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Wallis and Futuna (France) from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Wallis and Futuna (France) with PlaneJourney. Wallis and Futuna (France) has a population of approximately 11,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Wallis and Futuna (France)
1. Mata-Utu (capital) – Hihifo Airport.
Time and Communication
Wallis and Futuna (France) operates on Wallis and Futuna Time (UTC +12:00), and does not observe daylight saving time. The mobile network coverage in Wallis and Futuna is satisfactory with the availability of major French telecom operators like Orange and SFR. Yet, remote areas might experience less coverage.
Money and shopping
The official currency is the CFP franc (XPF). The exchange rate fluctuates, but is approximately 1 USD to 110 XPF as of 2023. Payment in Euros is generally accepted, especially in tourist areas. Credit cards are accepted in major hotels and shops, but it’s always a good idea to have cash on hand. Banks and exchange offices usually operate during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
Public transportation is limited in Wallis and Futuna (France). The most common forms of transport are by car or bike, and it’s common for residents to walk or hitchhike short distances. There are taxis available and car rentals in Mata-Utu, but services are limited.
- Lake Lalolalo: A stunning volcanic crater lake, it’s one of the deepest lakes in the Pacific.
- Talietumu: An archaeological site of an old fortified Tongan settlement, dating back to the 15th century.
- St. Pierre Chanel Church: A beautiful church located in Poi, dedicated to Saint Peter Chanel who was martyred on Futuna.
- The Royal Palace in Mata-Utu: While not open to the public, the palace’s traditional architecture makes it a must-see.