PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Singapore from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Singapore with PlaneJourney. Singapore is a bustling city-state and island nation with an estimated population of about 5.7 million people.
Major cities and airports in Singapore
- Singapore – Changi Airport (SIN)
Time and Communication
Singapore operates on Singapore Standard Time (SST), which is 8 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+8). The country does not observe daylight saving time. Singapore has extensive cell phone coverage provided by major operators including Singtel, StarHub, and M1, ensuring excellent call quality across the country.
Money and shopping
The official currency of Singapore is the Singapore Dollar (SGD). The exchange rate to the US dollar fluctuates. Payment in foreign currencies is generally not accepted. Credit and debit card payments are very common and widely accepted, with Visa and MasterCard being the most commonly used. Currency exchange offices typically operate during regular business hours and can be found throughout the city.
In Singapore, the most common means of transportation include the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) system, buses, and taxis. Additionally, the city is very pedestrian-friendly, and bike-sharing services are becoming increasingly popular.
- Marina Bay Sands – An iconic integrated resort known for its unique architecture and stunning views of the city.
- Gardens by the Bay – A nature park spanning 101 hectares with impressive supertrees and two climate-controlled conservatories.
- Singapore Zoo – Known for its open concept, offering the opportunity to experience and learn about wildlife from around the world.
- Sentosa Island – A popular island resort with beaches, Universal Studios theme park, SEA Aquarium, and more.
- Orchard Road – A famous shopping street with a wide range of international and local brands.