PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines with PlaneJourney. The population of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is approximately 111,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Kingstown – Argyle International Airport
- Bequia – J. F. Mitchell Airport
- Canouan – Canouan Airport
- Union Island – Union Island Airport
Time and Communication
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is located in the Atlantic Standard Time (AST) zone, which is UTC-4. The country does not observe daylight saving time. The main mobile operators in the country are Digicel and Flow. Call quality is generally good, and cell phone coverage is available across most of the country, although there may be some gaps in remote areas.
Money and shopping
The local currency of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD), which is pegged to the US Dollar at a rate of approximately 2.7 XCD to 1 USD. Payment in US Dollars is often accepted in tourist areas, and credit card payments are widely accepted, with Visa and Mastercard being the most common. Some businesses may not accept American Express or Discover cards. Currency exchange offices are typically open during regular business hours and can be found at major banks, hotels, and airports.
Travelers in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines can make use of various transportation options, such as taxis, rental cars, and public buses. In addition to these options, water taxis and ferries are available for transportation between the islands.
- La Soufriere Volcano – A popular hiking destination, this active volcano offers stunning views and a challenging trek to the summit.
- Tobago Cays – This marine park is a top destination for snorkeling and diving, with its crystal-clear waters and vibrant coral reefs teeming with marine life.
- Botanical Gardens – Located in Kingstown, these lush gardens are the oldest in the Western Hemisphere and showcase a variety of exotic plants and trees.
- Fort Charlotte – This 19th-century fort offers panoramic views of Kingstown and the surrounding islands, as well as a glimpse into the country’s history.
- Petit St. Vincent – This private island resort provides an exclusive getaway with luxurious accommodations, stunning beaches, and a range of outdoor activities.