PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Saint Pierre and Miquelon from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Saint Pierre and Miquelon with PlaneJourney. The population of Saint Pierre and Miquelon, a small French archipelago located near Newfoundland, is about 6,000 residents.
Major cities and airports in Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Saint-Pierre: Saint-Pierre Airport
- Miquelon: Miquelon Airport
Time and Communication
Saint Pierre and Miquelon operates on the Newfoundland Time Zone (UTC-3:30 in the winter and UTC-2:30 during daylight saving time). The main mobile operator on the islands is SPM Telecom, providing solid coverage across the archipelago.
Money and shopping
The local currency is the Euro (EUR). Credit cards are widely accepted on the islands, including Visa and MasterCard. There are banking facilities available for currency exchange during standard business hours.
Transportation around Saint Pierre is predominantly by car, and there are several car rental agencies. Taxi services are also available, and many places are accessible by foot due to the compact nature of the islands.
- L’Arche Museum & Archives: A museum dedicated to the islands’ history, culture, and nature.
- Ile aux Marins: A deserted island offering a peek into the past with preserved fishermen’s houses and other historical structures.
- Pointe aux Canons Lighthouse: An iconic lighthouse providing beautiful views of the harbor.
- Church of Saint Pierre: A charming church located in the heart of Saint Pierre.
- Great Auk Statue: A commemorative statue for the extinct Great Auk bird.