PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Saint Lucia from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Saint Lucia with PlaneJourney. Saint Lucia has a population of approximately 184,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Saint Lucia
- Castries – Hewanorra International Airport
- Vieux Fort – George F. L. Charles Airport
Time and Communication
Saint Lucia is in the Atlantic Standard Time (AST) zone, which is UTC-4. The country does not observe daylight saving time. The primary mobile operators in Saint Lucia are Digicel and Flow. The call quality is generally good, and cell phone coverage extends across most of the country, with some possible gaps in more remote areas.
Money and shopping
The local currency of Saint Lucia is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD), which is pegged to the US Dollar at a rate of approximately 2.7 XCD to 1 USD. Payment in US Dollars is commonly accepted in tourist areas, and credit card payments are widely accepted, with Visa and Mastercard being the most common. Some businesses may not accept American Express or Discover cards. Currency exchange offices are typically open during regular business hours, and can be found at major banks, hotels, and airports.
Travelers in Saint Lucia can make use of various transportation options, such as taxis, rental cars, and public buses. In addition to these options, water taxis are available for transportation between coastal locations.
- The Pitons – These iconic twin volcanic peaks, Gros Piton and Petit Piton, offer stunning views and challenging hikes for adventurous visitors.
- Sulphur Springs – Located in Soufrière, this geothermal area features a “drive-in volcano” and therapeutic mud baths for a unique experience.
- Pigeon Island National Park – Rich in history and natural beauty, this park is home to Fort Rodney and offers stunning views, beautiful beaches, and hiking trails.
- Marigot Bay – A picturesque bay with a marina, beautiful beaches, and a variety of dining options, perfect for a relaxing day by the water.
- Castries Market – Experience local culture and shop for fresh produce, handmade crafts, and souvenirs at this bustling market in the capital city.