PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Netherlands from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Netherlands with PlaneJourney. The Netherlands has a population of approximately 17.5 million people.
Major cities and airports in Netherlands
- Amsterdam – Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
- Rotterdam – Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM)
- The Hague – Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM)
- Eindhoven – Eindhoven Airport (EIN)
- Utrecht – Closest airport is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
- Groningen – Groningen Airport Eelde (GRQ)
- Maastricht – Maastricht Aachen Airport (MST)
- Nijmegen – Closest airport is Eindhoven Airport (EIN)
- Leiden – Closest airport is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
- Haarlem – Closest airport is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
Time and Communication
The Netherlands is in the Central European Time (CET) zone and observes daylight saving time. The country has excellent cell phone coverage, with the major mobile operators being KPN, Vodafone, and T-Mobile. The call quality is generally good, and 4G and 5G networks are widely available throughout the country.
Money and shopping
The local currency in the Netherlands is the Euro (EUR). As of September 2021, the exchange rate is approximately 1 EUR to 1.18 USD, but it’s important to check current rates for accurate conversion. Payments in other currencies are generally not accepted. Most places accept bank cards, with Visa and Mastercard being the most widely accepted. American Express is not as commonly accepted. Currency exchange offices are typically open during regular business hours and can be found at airports, train stations, and city centers.
Public transportation in the Netherlands is efficient and well-developed. Travelers can easily get around using trains, buses, trams, and ferries. Bicycles are also a popular mode of transportation, with dedicated bike lanes and bike-sharing services available in many cities. Taxis and ridesharing services, such as Uber, are also available.
- Anne Frank House: Located in Amsterdam, this museum is dedicated to the Jewish girl Anne Frank who went into hiding during World War II and wrote her famous diary.
- Van Gogh Museum: Located in Amsterdam, this museum is home to the world’s largest collection of Vincent van Gogh’s artworks, including his famous paintings and drawings.
- Rijksmuseum: This national museum in Amsterdam showcases Dutch art and history from the Middle Ages to the present day, featuring masterpieces by artists such as Rembrandt and Vermeer.
- Canals of Amsterdam: The picturesque canals of Amsterdam are a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with beautiful bridges and historic canal houses lining the waterways. Visitors can explore the canals by foot, bike, or on a guided canal cruise.
Keukenhof: One of the world’s largest flower gardens, located in Lisse. The garden is most famous for its vibrant tulip displays and is open from mid-March to mid-May.