PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Montenegro from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Montenegro with PlaneJourney. Montenegro has a population of about 620,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Montenegro
- Podgorica – Podgorica Airport
- Tivat – Tivat Airport
- Herceg Novi – Herceg Novi Airport
Time and Communication in Montenegro
Montenegro operates in the Central European Time zone (GMT+1) and observes daylight saving time. The country has a strong mobile network coverage, with operators such as Telenor, m:tel, and T-Mobile providing services. The call quality is generally good throughout the country.
Money and shopping in Montenegro
The official currency of Montenegro is the Euro (EUR). As of the time of writing, 1 EUR is equivalent to about 1.13 USD. Montenegro does not commonly accept other currencies for payment. Payment by bank cards is widespread, with Visa and MasterCard being the most commonly accepted. American Express is not as widely accepted. Currency exchange offices typically operate from 8 AM to 6 PM.
Transportation in Montenegro
Public transportation in Montenegro includes buses, trains, and ferries. Buses are the most common form of public transportation and offer routes to most areas of the country. Trains are a scenic, though slower, alternative. Ferries are available for travel across the Bay of Kotor.
Touristic attractions in Montenegro
- Bay of Kotor: Often described as the most southern fjord in Europe, with churches, fortified towns, and picturesque landscapes.
- Durmitor National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it offers hiking, rafting, and skiing opportunities, along with stunning views of the Tara River Canyon.
- Stari Bar: An old fortified town in Bar presenting the history of urban settlement over a thousand years old.
- Sveti Stefan: A unique seaside resort on a small island, with picturesque views and luxury accommodations.
- Budva Old Town: A charming medieval town with a mix of restaurants, boutiques, and sandy beaches.