PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Luxembourg from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Luxembourg with PlaneJourney. Luxembourg has a population of approximately 634,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Luxembourg
- Luxembourg City – Luxembourg Findel Airport (LUX)
Time and Communication
Luxembourg is in the Central European Time (CET) zone, which is UTC+1. The country observes Daylight Saving Time, switching to Central European Summer Time (CEST) during the summer months. The main mobile operators in Luxembourg are POST Luxembourg, Orange, and Tango. Call quality is generally good, and the country has extensive cell phone coverage.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Luxembourg is the Euro (EUR). The exchange rate is approximately 1 USD to 0.88 EUR. Payment by credit card is widespread, and most cards are accepted. Currency exchange offices can be found in major cities and usually operate during regular business hours.
Public transportation in Luxembourg includes buses, trams, and trains. In Luxembourg City, public transportation is reliable and affordable. Taxis and ride-sharing services are also available. For longer distances, intercity buses and trains connect the main cities and towns. Travelers can also rent cars or bicycles to explore the country.
- Old City of Luxembourg: A UNESCO World Heritage site, the historic center of Luxembourg City boasts well-preserved medieval architecture and charming cobblestone streets.
- Vianden Castle: A stunning medieval castle located in the town of Vianden, this beautifully restored fortress offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
- Mudam Luxembourg: The Grand Duke Jean Museum of Modern Art showcases contemporary art from around the world in a striking modern building designed by architect I. M. Pei.
- Grand Ducal Palace: The official residence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, this elegant palace is open to the public for guided tours during the summer months.
- Echternach: A picturesque town near the German border, Echternach is known for its stunning Romanesque basilica, medieval buildings, and scenic hiking trails in the nearby Mullerthal region.