PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Liechtenstein from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Liechtenstein with PlaneJourney. Liechtenstein has a population of approximately 39,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Liechtenstein
- Vaduz – Liechtenstein does not have its own airport. The nearest major airport is Zurich Airport (ZRH) in Switzerland.
Time and Communication
Liechtenstein is in the Central European Time (CET) zone, which is UTC+1. The country observes Daylight Saving Time, switching to Central European Summer Time (CEST) during the summer months. The main mobile operators in Liechtenstein are Telecom Liechtenstein and Swisscom. Call quality is generally good, and the country has extensive cell phone coverage.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Liechtenstein is the Swiss Franc (CHF). The exchange rate is approximately 1 USD to 0.93 CHF. While other currencies may be accepted in some places, it is not common. Payment by credit card is widespread, and most cards are accepted. Currency exchange offices can be found in major cities and usually operate during regular business hours.
Public transportation in Liechtenstein is primarily provided by buses. The Liechtenstein Bus system offers reliable and frequent connections between the main towns and villages. Travelers can also rent bicycles or cars to explore the country, or take advantage of the well-developed network of hiking trails.
- Vaduz Castle: The official residence of the Prince of Liechtenstein, this picturesque castle sits on a hill overlooking the capital city of Vaduz.
- Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein: A modern art museum in Vaduz featuring a collection of international contemporary art and works by Liechtenstein artists.
- Gutenberg Castle: A medieval castle located in the town of Balzers, offering beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Malbun: A small ski resort in the Liechtenstein Alps, popular for skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports.
- Rheinpark Stadium: The national stadium of Liechtenstein, located in Vaduz, and home to the Liechtenstein national football team.