PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Kuwait from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Kuwait with PlaneJourney. Kuwait has a population of approximately 4.3 million people.
Major cities and airports in Kuwait
- Kuwait City – Kuwait International Airport
Time and Communication
Kuwait is in the Arabian Standard Time (AST) zone, which is UTC+3, and does not observe daylight saving time. The major mobile operators in Kuwait include Zain, Ooredoo, and STC. The overall cell phone coverage is excellent, especially in urban areas, providing high-quality call and data services throughout the country.
Money and shopping
The official currency of Kuwait is the Kuwaiti Dinar (KWD). The exchange rate varies, so it’s best to check current rates before traveling. Payments in other currencies are generally not accepted. Payment by bank cards is common in larger cities and tourist areas, but it’s always a good idea to carry cash, especially when visiting smaller towns or rural areas. Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted, but American Express and Discover cards may not be. Currency exchange offices usually operate during regular business hours, with some open late in urban areas.
The most common means of transportation in Kuwait are taxis, car rentals, and public buses. Taxis are widely available in cities, and rates are usually reasonable. Ride-hailing services like Uber and Careem are also available. For those who prefer driving, rental cars are available in major cities and at the airport. The public bus network, operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC), covers most cities and towns, providing an affordable transportation option.
- Kuwait Towers: A famous landmark in Kuwait City, offering panoramic views of the city and the Arabian Gulf from the observation deck.
- The Grand Mosque: Kuwait’s largest mosque, with beautiful architecture and intricate Islamic calligraphy, offering guided tours for visitors.
- The Avenues: One of the largest shopping malls in Kuwait, featuring a wide range of international brands, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Souq Al-Mubarakiya: A traditional market in Kuwait City, offering a wide range of local products, including spices, textiles, and handicrafts.
- Al Shaheed Park: A modern urban park in Kuwait City, featuring landscaped gardens, walking paths, fountains, and cultural venues.