PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Jersey from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Jersey with PlaneJourney. Jersey, nestled in the Channel Islands, is home to approximately 107,800 residents.
Major cities and airports in Jersey
- St. Helier: Jersey Airport
Time and Communication
Jersey operates on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). The island follows British Summer Time (BST), which is GMT+1, during the daylight saving period. There are three mobile network operators on the island: JT, Airtel-Vodafone, and Sure, all providing high-quality coverage across the island.
Money and shopping
The official currency in Jersey is the Jersey pound, which is on par with the British Pound Sterling. However, the exchange rate for the US dollar varies. Payment in other currencies is uncommon, though cards are widely accepted. Most businesses operate between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays.
Jersey offers a variety of transportation options for tourists. Public buses run regularly throughout the island, and there are numerous taxi services. Additionally, due to the island’s compact size, cycling is a popular mode of transport.
- Jersey War Tunnels: A complex of underground tunnels used by the Germans during World War II, now a museum.
- Mont Orgueil Castle: A stunning medieval castle offering panoramic views of the island.
- Elizabeth Castle: Accessible by foot at low tide, or by amphibious vehicle, it’s a key piece of Jersey’s history.
- Durrell Wildlife Park: A conservation park founded by author Gerald Durrell, a great place to see rare and endangered species.
- St Brelade’s Bay Beach: Known for its clean sand and clear water, it’s perfect for a beach day out.