PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Hong Kong from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Hong Kong with PlaneJourney. The vibrant city of Hong Kong is home to approximately 7.5 million people.
Major cities and airports in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong International Airport
- Kowloon: No civil airport, closest is Hong Kong International Airport
- Tsuen Wan: No civil airport, closest is Hong Kong International Airport
- Yuen Long Kau Hui: No civil airport, closest is Hong Kong International Airport
- Tung Chung: No civil airport, closest is Hong Kong International Airport
Time and Communication
Hong Kong operates on Hong Kong Time (HKT), which is UTC+8. There is no daylight saving time in Hong Kong. Major mobile operators include 3, CSL, SmarTone, and China Mobile Hong Kong, ensuring excellent coverage and call quality across the city.
Money and shopping
The official currency of Hong Kong is the Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), and the exchange rate fluctuates around 7.8 HKD to 1 USD. Hong Kong does not usually accept other currencies for transactions. Payment by credit and debit cards is widespread, and Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are commonly accepted. Currency exchange services usually operate from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays.
Hong Kong boasts an efficient public transportation system that includes the MTR (Mass Transit Railway), buses, trams, and ferries. Taxis are plentiful and relatively inexpensive. For a unique experience, try the historic Star Ferry or the iconic double-decker trams.
- The Peak: Offering panoramic views of the city, it’s accessible via the historic Peak Tram.
- Tian Tan Buddha: A monumental statue of Buddha Shakyamuni located at Ngong Ping, Lantau Island.
- Victoria Harbour: Famous for its stunning skyline views and the Symphony of Lights show.
- Temple Street Night Market: A popular street bazaar known for its night market and street food stalls.
- Hong Kong Disneyland: The largest theme park in Hong Kong, located on reclaimed land in Penny’s Bay, Lantau Island.