PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Honduras from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Honduras with PlaneJourney. Honduras has a population of approximately 10 million people.
Major cities and airports in Honduras
- Tegucigalpa – Toncontín International Airport
- San Pedro Sula – Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport
- La Ceiba – Golosón International Airport
- Roatán – Juan Manuel Gálvez International Airport
- Utila – Utila Airport
Time and Communication
Honduras is located in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST), which is UTC-6. The country does not observe daylight saving time. The major mobile operators in the country are Tigo, Claro, and Hondutel. While the quality of calls is generally good in urban areas, coverage may be limited in remote or rural areas.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Honduras is the Honduran Lempira (HNL). As of September 2021, the exchange rate was approximately 1 USD to 24 HNL, but it is important to check the current exchange rate before traveling. US dollars are sometimes accepted, but it is recommended to exchange money to the local currency. Major credit cards are widely accepted in cities and tourist areas, but some places may not accept American Express. Currency exchange offices typically operate during standard business hours, from 8 am to 4 pm.
Common transportation options in Honduras include buses, taxis, and rental cars. Many travelers choose to hire a local driver or use a reputable taxi service for safety and convenience. The popular chicken buses, colorful and converted school buses, are a cheap but less comfortable option for traveling between cities.
- Copán Ruinas: An ancient Mayan city and UNESCO World Heritage site, known for its intricate stone sculptures and hieroglyphs.
- Roatán: A beautiful island in the Caribbean, popular for its white-sand beaches, coral reefs, and scuba diving opportunities.
- Pico Bonito National Park: A stunning park with diverse flora and fauna, offering hiking trails, bird watching, and river rafting.
- Comayagua: A historical city with well-preserved colonial architecture, featuring the oldest clock in the Americas.
- Macaw Mountain Bird Park & Nature Reserve: A bird sanctuary near Copán Ruinas, where visitors can interact with and learn about various species of rescued birds, including macaws and toucans.