PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Guinea from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Guinea with PlaneJourney. The country has a population of approximately 13 million people.
Major cities and airports in Guinea
- Conakry – Conakry International Airport (CKY)
- Kankan – Kankan Airport (KNN)
- Nzérékoré – Nzérékoré Airport (NZE)
- Kindia – Kindia Airport (KDA)
- Labe – Labe Airport (LEK)
Time and Communication
Guinea is located in the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) zone and does not observe Daylight Saving Time. The country has three major mobile operators: Orange, MTN, and Cellcom. Call quality and cell phone coverage are generally good in urban areas, but may be limited in rural and remote regions.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Guinea is the Guinean Franc (GNF), with an exchange rate of approximately 1 USD to 9,700 GNF. Guinea generally does not accept payment in other currencies. Credit and debit card usage is not widespread, especially outside of major cities. Visa cards are more widely accepted than other card types. Currency exchange offices usually operate during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
Common transportation options in Guinea for travelers include buses, taxis, and private car hire. Buses are an affordable option for inter-city travel, while taxis are more convenient for shorter distances. Car rentals are available but may be more expensive than other transportation options.
- Conakry Grand Mosque: One of the largest mosques in Africa, this stunning architectural landmark is a must-see for visitors to Conakry.
- Nimba Strict Nature Reserve: A UNESCO World Heritage site, this nature reserve is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna and offers opportunities for hiking and wildlife spotting.
- Les Cascades De La Soumba: A beautiful waterfall located near Conakry, offering a refreshing break from the city and an ideal spot for swimming and picnicking.
- National Museum of Guinea: Located in Conakry, this museum showcases the rich history and culture of Guinea through its collection of traditional artifacts and art.
- Fouta Djallon Highlands: A picturesque region with rolling hills, waterfalls, and traditional villages, perfect for trekking and exploring Guinea’s rural landscapes.