PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Gibraltar from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Gibraltar with PlaneJourney. Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory located at the southern tip of the Iberian Peninsula, is home to approximately 33,000 residents.
Major cities and airports in Gibraltar
- Gibraltar: Gibraltar International Airport
Time and Communication
Gibraltar operates on Central European Time (GMT+1) and observes Daylight Saving Time. The territory is serviced by a single mobile operator, Gibtelecom, which provides extensive coverage and good call quality throughout the region.
Money and shopping
The official currency in Gibraltar is the Gibraltar Pound (GIP), which is pegged to the British Pound Sterling (GBP) at par. While payment in foreign currencies is generally not accepted, credit and debit cards are widely accepted. Most international cards are accepted, but it is advisable to check with your card provider before traveling. Exchange bureaus operate during normal business hours, from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
Despite its small size, Gibraltar offers various modes of transportation, including buses, taxis, and car rentals. Given the compact nature of the territory, many visitors also choose to explore Gibraltar on foot or by bicycle.
- The Rock of Gibraltar: This massive limestone ridge provides stunning views and is home to the famous Barbary macaques.
- Gibraltar Botanic Gardens: Also known as The Alameda, these gardens host a range of plants from around the world.
- Gibraltar Museum: The museum exhibits Gibraltar’s rich history, including its military heritage and natural history.
- St. Michael’s Cave: This network of limestone caves within the Rock of Gibraltar is a sight to behold.
- Europa Point: The southernmost point in Gibraltar, it offers panoramic views of the Strait of Gibraltar and the African coast.