PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Finland from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Finland with PlaneJourney. Finland is home to approximately 5.5 million people.
Major cities and airports in Finland
- Helsinki – Helsinki Vantaa Airport
- Espoo – Helsinki Vantaa Airport
- Tampere – Tampere-Pirkkala Airport
- Vantaa – Helsinki Vantaa Airport
- Oulu – Oulu Airport
- Turku – Turku Airport
- Jyväskylä – Jyväskylä Airport
- Lahti – Helsinki Vantaa Airport
- Kuopio – Kuopio Airport
- Kouvola – Helsinki Vantaa Airport
Time and Communication
Finland is in the Eastern European Time zone (EET) and observes daylight saving time. Major mobile operators in the country include Telia, Elisa, and DNA. The call quality is generally high, and mobile coverage extends to most parts of the country.
Money and shopping
The local currency is the Euro (€). As of the time of writing, the exchange rate is approximately 1 Euro to 1.13 US dollars. Finland accepts payments primarily in Euros. Payments by bank cards are common and most places accept Visa and MasterCard. However, some places may not accept American Express. Currency exchange offices typically operate during regular business hours.
In Finland, public transportation is highly developed. Buses and trains are common means of transport. For intra-city travel, trams and city bikes are popular in major cities. Taxis are also available but can be quite expensive.
- The Northern Lights: Finland is one of the best places in the world to see this natural light display.
- Helsinki Cathedral: A beautiful and iconic landmark in the capital city.
- Santa Claus Village: Located in Rovaniemi, it’s a popular attraction especially during the winter months.
- Archipelago National Park: Offers a unique opportunity to explore the Finnish archipelago.
- Suomenlinna: A historic sea fortress and UNESCO World Heritage Site in Helsinki.