PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Fiji from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Fiji with PlaneJourney. Fiji has a population of approximately 896,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Fiji
- Nadi – Nadi International Airport (NAN)
- Suva – Nausori International Airport (SUV)
- Labasa – Labasa Airport (LBS)
- Savusavu – Savusavu Airport (SVU)
- Taveuni – Matei Airport (TVU)
Time and Communication
Fiji is located in the Fiji Standard Time zone (FJT), which is 12 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+12). Fiji does not observe Daylight Saving Time. The main mobile operators in the country are Vodafone Fiji, Digicel Fiji, and Inkk Mobile. The call quality is generally good, and mobile coverage is available in urban areas and major tourist destinations. However, there might be limited coverage in remote areas.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Fiji is the Fijian Dollar (FJD). The exchange rate fluctuates, but as of September 2021, 1 USD is approximately equal to 2.08 FJD. Payments in other currencies are not commonly accepted. Payment by credit and debit cards is widespread in urban areas and tourist destinations, but it is always a good idea to carry cash for smaller purchases or when visiting remote locations. Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted, while American Express and Diners Club may have more limited acceptance. Currency exchange offices usually operate during regular business hours, but it is advisable to check their working hours in advance.
In Fiji, travelers can use various modes of transportation, such as buses, taxis, ferries, and domestic flights. Buses are the most common and affordable means of transportation on the main islands, while taxis are also available in urban areas and tourist destinations. Ferries and boats connect the islands, and domestic flights are available for quick travel between islands, with Fiji Airways and Fiji Link being the primary domestic airlines.
- Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park: A unique natural attraction featuring sand dunes, lush forests, and archeological sites with artifacts dating back 2,600 years.
- Sawa-i-Lau Caves: Located in the Yasawa Islands, these limestone caves are accessible by swimming underwater and offer an unforgettable adventure for visitors.
- Kula Eco Park: A wildlife park dedicated to the conservation of Fiji’s unique flora and fauna, offering visitors the opportunity to encounter various species of birds, reptiles, and marine life.
- Port Denarau: A hub for shopping, dining, and entertainment, this marina complex is located on Denarau Island and is the main departure point for many island-hopping cruises and day trips.
- Colo-i-Suva Forest Park: A lush rainforest reserve near Suva, offering hiking trails, swimming holes, and birdwatching opportunities for nature enthusiasts.