PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Federated States of Micronesia from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Federated States of Micronesia with PlaneJourney. Federated States of Micronesia, located in the Western Pacific Ocean, is an island nation with a population of about 112,640 inhabitants.
Major cities and airports in Federated States of Micronesia
1. Palikir: Pohnpei International Airport (PNI)
2. Weno: Chuuk International Airport (TKK)
3. Yap: Yap International Airport (YAP)
4. Kosrae: Kosrae International Airport (KSA)
Time and Communication
Federated States of Micronesia operates on Micronesia Standard Time (MHT), which is GMT+11 and it does not observe daylight saving time. FSM Telecommunications Corporation provides the telecommunications services on the islands, with coverage across all the major islands. Cellular coverage may be limited in remote areas.
Money and Shopping
The official currency of the Federated States of Micronesia is the US Dollar (USD). Payment by bank cards is common in larger cities, though some remote areas might only accept cash. Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted. Currency exchange services are usually available during normal business hours from 9 am to 5 pm.
Getting around the Federated States of Micronesia primarily involves boat travel between islands. On the islands themselves, taxis and rented cars are commonly used, along with public bus services in larger towns.
- Truk Lagoon: Known as one of the world’s best shipwreck diving sites, it is home to numerous sunken WWII ships and aircrafts.
- Sokehs Rock: This prominent rock formation in Pohnpei offers stunning views from the top.
- Nan Madol: This archaeological site on Pohnpei is often referred to as the “Venice of the Pacific” for its water-filled canals and large stone structures.
- Stone Money Banks in Yap: These traditional stone “coins” are a unique cultural feature of Yap.
- Kepirohi Waterfall: One of the most famous and accessible waterfalls in Pohnpei, it’s a beautiful spot for swimming and photography.