PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Faroe Islands from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Faroe Islands with PlaneJourney. Faroe Islands, a self-governing territory within the Kingdom of Denmark, has a population of approximately 52,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Faroe Islands
- Tórshavn – Vágar Airport
- Klaksvík – Vágar Airport
- Rúnsvík – Vágar Airport
Time and Communication
Faroe Islands is in the Faroe Islands Standard Time zone and does not observe daylight saving time. The main mobile operator is Faroese Telecom, offering good coverage across the islands.
Money and shopping
The official currency of the Faroe Islands is the Faroese króna, which is pegged to the Danish krone at par. The exchange rate is approximately 6.3 króna to 1 USD. Credit cards are widely accepted, and banks usually operate from 9:30 am to 4 pm on weekdays.
Transportation options in the Faroe Islands include buses, ferries, and taxis. Rental cars are also available for tourists who prefer to drive.
- Mulafossur Waterfall: A majestic waterfall in the village of Gásadalur.
- Lake Sørvágsvatn: The largest lake in the Faroe Islands, offering stunning views.
- Kalsoy Island: Known for its natural beauty, lighthouse, and seal woman statue.
- Tórshavn: The capital city, home to historic sites and a charming old town.
- Klaksvík: The second-largest town in the Faroe Islands, surrounded by beautiful mountains.