PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Cyprus from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Cyprus with PlaneJourney. Cyprus has a population of approximately 1.2 million people.
Major cities and airports in Cyprus
- Nicosia – Ercan International Airport (ECN)
- Larnaca – Larnaca International Airport (LCA)
- Paphos – Paphos International Airport (PFO)
- Limassol – Limassol Port (LMS)
- Famagusta – Gazimağusa Airport (GZP)
Time and Communication
Cyprus is in the Eastern European Time zone, which is UTC+2. Cyprus observes daylight saving time from the last Sunday of March to the last Sunday of October. Mobile operators in Cyprus offer good call quality and coverage, with the country having almost full cell phone coverage.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Cyprus is the Euro (EUR), and the exchange rate is approximately 1 EUR to 1.18 US dollars. Cyprus accepts payment in other currencies, but it is recommended to have Euros on hand. Payment by bank cards is common, and most international credit and debit cards are accepted. Currency exchange offices are generally open from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and some may also have afternoon hours.
Travelers in Cyprus can use various modes of transportation such as buses, taxis, and rental cars to get around the country. The country also has an extensive network of highways and motorways.
- Paphos Archaeological Park – A UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring ruins of ancient Roman villas and mosaics.
- Kyrenia Castle – A well-preserved castle built by the Venetians in the 16th century.
- Troodos Mountains – A scenic mountain range with hiking trails and picturesque villages.
- Aphrodite’s Rock – A sea stack located off the coast near Paphos, said to be the birthplace of the goddess Aphrodite.
- St. Hilarion Castle – A ruined castle perched on a rocky hilltop near Kyrenia, with stunning views of the surrounding landscape.