PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Curacao from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Curacao with PlaneJourney. Curacao is a colorful island home to approximately 160,000 inhabitants.
Major cities and airports in Curacao
- 1. Willemstad: Curacao International Airport (CUR)
Time and Communication
Curacao operates on Atlantic Standard Time, which is GMT-4, and does not observe daylight saving time. The island enjoys comprehensive mobile coverage, with several leading mobile operators providing good call quality and data services.
Money and Shopping
The official currency of Curacao is the Netherlands Antillean Guilder (ANG). As of May 2023, the exchange rate is approximately 0.56 USD to 1 ANG. Most establishments accept payment in USD and major credit cards are widely accepted. However, it’s always handy to have some local currency. Currency exchange services are usually available during regular business hours.
Public buses and taxis are common means of transportation in Curacao. Car rentals are also available for those who want to explore the island at their own pace. For the adventurous, bicycles and scooters can be rented.
- Queen Emma Bridge: A unique floating bridge that connects the two sides of Willemstad.
- Klein Curacao: A small, uninhabited island off the coast that’s perfect for snorkeling and diving.
- Curacao Sea Aquarium: An interactive aquarium offering close encounters with marine life.
- Christoffel National Park: The largest national park in Curacao, offering hiking trails and diverse wildlife.
- Handelskade: A vibrant waterfront strip in Willemstad known for its colorful Dutch-style buildings.