PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Comoros from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Comoros with PlaneJourney. Comoros has a population of approximately 900,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Comoros
- Moroni – Prince Said Ibrahim International Airport (HAH)
- Anjouan – Ouani Airport (AJN)
- Mohéli – Mohéli Bandar Es Eslam Airport (NWA)
Time and Communication
Comoros is in the East Africa Time (EAT) time zone. It does not observe daylight saving time. Mobile phone coverage is available in most urban areas but may be limited in rural areas. The major mobile operators are Comores Telecom and Telma. Call quality is generally good in urban areas, but may be affected by network coverage in rural areas.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Comoros is the Comorian franc (KMF). As of March 2023, the exchange rate is approximately 400 KMF to 1 USD. Payment in other currencies may be accepted in some establishments, particularly in tourist areas, but it is always best to have Comorian francs on hand. Payment by bank cards is not very common, and it is advisable to carry cash. Some hotels and larger establishments may accept credit cards, but it is best to check beforehand. Currency exchange offices are generally open during regular business hours.
Comoros has limited transportation options available to travelers. Taxis are available in major cities, and there are some local buses available, but they can be unreliable. Domestic flights are available between the islands, but schedules can be infrequent and subject to change. Boat services between the islands are also available, but schedules can be unreliable.
- Mohéli Marine Park – a marine reserve home to a variety of sea creatures, including turtles, dolphins, and whales
- Mount Karthala – an active volcano on Grande Comore island that offers challenging hikes and stunning views
- Chomoni Beach – a beautiful and secluded beach on Grande Comore island with crystal-clear waters
- National Museum of Comoros – a museum in Moroni showcasing Comorian history and culture