PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Colombia from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Colombia with PlaneJourney. Colombia has a population of approximately 50 million people.
Major cities and airports in Colombia
- Bogotá – El Dorado International Airport (BOG)
- Medellín – José María Córdova International Airport (MDE)
- Cali – Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport (CLO)
- Barranquilla – Ernesto Cortissoz International Airport (BAQ)
- Cartagena – Rafael Núñez International Airport (CTG)
- Bucaramanga – Palonegro International Airport (BGA)
- Pereira – Matecaña International Airport (PEI)
- Cúcuta – Camilo Daza International Airport (CUC)
- Santa Marta – Simón Bolívar International Airport (SMR)
- San Andrés – Gustavo Rojas Pinilla International Airport (ADZ)
Time and Communication
Colombia is in the UTC-5 time zone. It observes daylight saving time from April to October. Mobile phone coverage is widely available across the country, and call quality is generally good. The major mobile operators are Claro, Movistar, and Tigo. However, in some remote areas, coverage may be limited or nonexistent.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Colombia is the Colombian peso (COP). As of March 2023, the exchange rate is approximately 3,700 COP to 1 USD. Some establishments in tourist areas may accept payment in US dollars, but it is always better to have Colombian pesos on hand. Payment by bank cards is common, and major credit cards are widely accepted. However, some smaller businesses may only accept cash. Currency exchange offices generally operate during regular business hours, but some may have extended hours, particularly in tourist areas.
Colombia has a variety of transportation options available to travelers. Public buses and taxis are readily available in major cities, and ride-hailing services such as Uber and Cabify operate in some areas. Domestic flights are also available, with several airlines offering flights between major cities.
- Ciudad Perdida – an ancient city of the Tayrona people, located in the Sierra Nevada mountains
- Tayrona National Natural Park – a coastal national park with stunning beaches and hiking trails
- Cartagena Old Town – a UNESCO World Heritage site with beautiful colonial architecture
- Cocora Valley – home to the tallest palm trees in the world and scenic hiking trails
- The Gold Museum in Bogotá – a museum showcasing Colombia’s pre-Columbian gold artifacts