PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Chile from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Chile with PlaneJourney. Chile has a population of approximately 19 million people.
Major cities and airports in Chile
- Santiago – Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCL)
- Antofagasta – Andrés Sabella Gálvez International Airport (ANF)
- Concepción – Carriel Sur International Airport (CCP)
- Iquique – Diego Aracena International Airport (IQQ)
- Calama – El Loa Airport (CJC)
- La Serena – La Florida Airport (LSC)
- Punta Arenas – Presidente Carlos Ibáñez del Campo International Airport (PUQ)
- Temuco – La Araucanía International Airport (ZCO)
- Valdivia – Pichoy Airport (ZAL)
- Valparaíso – Viña del Mar Airport (KNA)
Time and Communication
Chile has three time zones: Easter Island Standard Time (UTC-6), Chile Standard Time (UTC-4), and Magallanes Standard Time (UTC-3). Chile does observe daylight saving time. Mobile coverage is widely available throughout the country. Claro, Entel, and Movistar are the major mobile operators in Chile. The call quality is generally good in urban areas, but may be weaker in rural areas.
Money and Shopping
The local currency in Chile is the Chilean peso. As of March 2023, the exchange rate to the US dollar is approximately 798 CLP to 1 USD. Chile generally only accepts payment in Chilean pesos, but some hotels and tourist destinations may accept US dollars. Payment by bank cards is widely accepted in Chile. However, not all credit cards are accepted, so it is advisable to carry multiple cards. Currency exchange offices are typically open Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
Travelers in Chile can use a variety of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and the metro system. Taxis are widely available in urban areas and can be hailed on the street or booked through an app. Buses are a common form of transportation throughout Chile, with both local and long-distance routes available. Santiago has a modern and efficient metro system with six lines serving the city and surrounding areas.
- Easter Island – Explore the unique culture and history of the Rapa Nui people and see the mysterious moai statues.
- San Pedro de Atacama – Visit this desert town and take in the stunning landscapes, geysers, and hot springs.
- Torres del Paine National Park – a national park located in the southern part of Chile with stunning natural landscapes and hiking trails
- Valparaíso – a colorful coastal city with charming architecture and street art
- Chiloé Island – an island in the southern part of Chile known for its traditional wooden churches and palafitos (houses on stilts)