PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Cambodia from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Cambodia with PlaneJourney. Cambodia has a population of approximately 16.8 million people.
Major cities and airports in Cambodia
- Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap – Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanoukville – Sihanouk International Airport
- Battambang – Battambang Airport
- Kampong Cham – Kampong Cham Airport
Time and Communication
Cambodia’s time zone is Indochina Time (ICT) which is UTC+7. Cambodia does not observe Daylight Saving Time. Mobile operators in Cambodia include Smart Axiata, Cellcard, and Metfone, among others. The call quality is generally good in major cities, but it may vary in rural areas. Cell phone coverage is available in most parts of the country, except for some remote areas.
Money and shopping
The official currency of Cambodia is the Cambodian riel (KHR). The exchange rate to the US dollar is approximately 1 USD to 4085 KHR (as of September 2021). Some establishments in Cambodia accept payment in US dollars, especially in major tourist areas. Payment by bank cards is becoming more common, but not all cards are accepted. Currency exchange offices are generally open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The most common transportation in Cambodia is by tuk-tuk, which is a three-wheeled motorized vehicle. Metered taxis are also available in major cities, and ride-hailing services such as Grab are becoming increasingly popular. Buses and ferries are available for longer distances.
- Angkor Wat – a UNESCO World Heritage site and the largest religious monument in the world
- The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek – a memorial to the victims of the Khmer Rouge regime
- Phnom Penh Royal Palace – a complex of buildings that serves as the royal residence of the King of Cambodia
- Bokor Hill Station – a ghost town that was once a popular resort during the French colonial era
- Pub Street, Siem Reap – a bustling street filled with bars and restaurants that cater to tourists visiting Angkor Wat