PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Botswana from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Botswana with PlaneJourney. Botswana has a population of approximately 2.3 million people.
Major cities and airports in Botswana
- Gaborone – Sir Seretse Khama International Airport (GBE)
- Francistown – Francistown International Airport (FRW)
- Kasane – Kasane Airport (BBK)
- Maun – Maun Airport (MUB)
- Molepolole – Molepolole Airport (MFC)
Time and Communication
Botswana is in the Central Africa Time zone, which is GMT+2. Botswana does not observe daylight saving time. The mobile network operators in Botswana are Mascom Wireless, Orange Botswana, and beMobile. The call quality is generally good, and the majority of the country has cell phone coverage.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Botswana is the Botswana pula (BWP), and the exchange rate to the US dollar is approximately 11 BWP to 1 USD. Botswana generally only accepts payment in the local currency, but some hotels and tourist attractions may accept other currencies such as US dollars or South African rand. Payment by bank cards is common, and Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted. American Express and Diners Club cards may not be accepted. Currency exchange offices typically operate during normal business hours.
The most common form of transportation in Botswana is by road. Visitors can rent a car, take a taxi, or use public transportation such as buses or combis (minibuses). There are also domestic flights available for travel between major cities.
- Chobe National Park – Known for its large elephant population and diverse wildlife.
- Okavango Delta – A unique wetland system that supports a vast array of wildlife.
- Makgadikgadi Pans – A series of salt flats that offer stunning views and the opportunity for unique experiences such as quad biking or guided walks with the San people.
- Tsodilo Hills – A UNESCO World Heritage site known for its ancient rock art.
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve – A vast wildlife reserve with diverse ecosystems and wildlife.