PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Bosnia and Herzegovina from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Bosnia and Herzegovina with PlaneJourney. Bosnia and Herzegovina has a population of approximately 3.3 million people.
Major cities and airports in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sarajevo – Sarajevo International Airport
- Mostar – Mostar International Airport
- Tuzla – Tuzla International Airport
- Banja Luka – Banja Luka International Airport
- Brčko – Brčko Airport
Time and Communication
Bosnia and Herzegovina is in the Central European Time Zone (CET), which is GMT+1. There is a switch to daylight saving time in the country. Most mobile operators in the country offer good call quality and coverage. However, coverage can be limited in rural areas.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Bosnia and Herzegovina is the Convertible Mark (BAM). As of March 2023, the exchange rate is approximately 1.59 BAM to 1 USD. Some places in Bosnia and Herzegovina accept payment in euros, but it’s always best to have the local currency. Payment by bank cards is becoming more common, but not all cards may be accepted. Currency exchange offices usually work from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
The most common modes of transportation in Bosnia and Herzegovina are buses and trains. Taxis are also available in most cities.
- Old Bridge in Mostar – A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the bridge is an iconic symbol of Mostar and the country.
- Sarajevo’s Old Town – A blend of Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian architecture, the old town of Sarajevo is a must-visit for tourists.
- Kravice Waterfalls – Located near Mostar, the waterfalls are a beautiful natural attraction that are great for swimming and picnicking.
- Blagaj Tekke – Located near Mostar, this Sufi monastery is situated at the base of a cliff and is a popular tourist destination.
- Pliva Waterfall – Located in Jajce, the waterfall is a beautiful natural attraction that is perfect for hiking and sightseeing.