PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Bangladesh from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Bangladesh with PlaneJourney. Bangladesh has a population of approximately 164 million people.
Major cities and airports in Bangladesh
- Dhaka – Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
- Chittagong – Shah Amanat International Airport
- Sylhet – Osmani International Airport
- Cox’s Bazar – Cox’s Bazar Airport
- Rajshahi – Shah Makhdum Airport
- Jessore – Jessore Airport
- Saidpur – Saidpur Airport
- Barisal – Barisal Airport
Time and Communication
Bangladesh Standard Time is 6 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+6). Bangladesh does not observe Daylight Saving Time. The country has several mobile operators, including Grameenphone, Banglalink, Robi, and Teletalk, with good call quality. The cell phone coverage in Bangladesh is high, with most of the country having access to mobile networks.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Bangladesh is Bangladeshi Taka. The exchange rate to the US dollar is approximately 84 Taka per USD. Some businesses may accept payment in other currencies, such as USD or Euro, but it is best to use local currency for transactions. Payment by bank cards is becoming increasingly common in Bangladesh, but not all cards are accepted. Currency exchange offices are typically open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Common transportation options in Bangladesh include buses, trains, taxis, and ride-sharing services like Uber and Pathao. Public transportation can be crowded and not very comfortable, so many travelers opt for private transportation options.
- Sundarbans Mangrove Forest: One of the largest mangrove forests in the world, the Sundarbans is a UNESCO World Heritage site and home to Bengal tigers and other unique wildlife.
- Cox’s Bazar Beach: Known for its long, sandy beach, Cox’s Bazar is the longest natural sea beach in the world.
- Sonargaon: A historic city dating back to the 13th century, Sonargaon is home to ancient ruins and historic architecture.
- Paharpur: An archaeological site in northern Bangladesh, Paharpur is home to the ruins of an ancient Buddhist monastery.
- Dhakeshwari Temple: A Hindu temple located in Dhaka, the Dhakeshwari Temple is one of the oldest and most famous temples in Bangladesh.