PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Aruba from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Aruba with PlaneJourney. Aruba is home to approximately 106,000 residents.
Major cities and airports in Aruba
- Oranjestad – Queen Beatrix International Airport
Time and Communication
Aruba operates on Atlantic Standard Time, which is 4 hours behind UTC. The country does not observe daylight saving time. The main mobile operators in Aruba are Digicel and SETAR, and they provide excellent call quality and comprehensive coverage throughout the island.
Money and Shopping
The currency used in Aruba is the Aruban Florin, although the US Dollar is also widely accepted. The exchange rate as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021 was approximately 1.79 Aruban Florin to 1 US Dollar. Most establishments accept credit card payments, particularly Visa and MasterCard, though some smaller businesses may prefer cash. Currency exchange services are typically available in banks during normal business hours.
The most common forms of transportation in Aruba are taxis, buses, and rental cars. Taxis and buses are easily accessible, especially in the capital city, Oranjestad. Rental cars are a popular choice for those who wish to explore the island at their own pace.
- Eagle Beach: Known for its stunning white sand and clear turquoise waters, Eagle Beach is a must-visit spot for beach lovers.
- Arikok National Park: This expansive national park covers nearly 20% of Aruba and offers hiking trails, caves, and unique wildlife.
- Oranjestad: The capital city is full of vibrant markets, colonial architecture, and the National Archaeological Museum of Aruba.
- Alto Vista Chapel: This beautiful, small chapel located on the hills above the north shore offers panoramic views of the island.
- California Lighthouse: Located near Arashi Beach, this historic lighthouse provides stunning views of the island’s western coastline.