PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Angola from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Angola with PlaneJourney. Angola has an estimated population of 33 million people.
Major cities and airports in Angola
- Luanda – Quatro de Fevereiro International Airport (LAD)
- Lubango – Lubango Mukanka Airport (SDD)
- Huambo – Albano Machado Airport (NOV)
- Benguela – Benguela Airport (BUG)
- Catumbela – Catumbela Airport (CBT)
- Cabinda – Cabinda Airport (CAB)
Time and Communication
Angola is in the West Africa Time zone and does not have daylight saving time. Major mobile operators in Angola include Unitel and Movicel, and the call quality is generally good. However, cell phone coverage in Angola is limited in some areas.
Money and shopping
The local currency in Angola is the Angolan kwanza (AOA), and its exchange rate to the US dollar is approximately 1 USD to 690 AOA (as of March 2023). Angola typically only accepts payment in the local currency, but some hotels and restaurants may accept payment in US dollars or euros. Payment by bank cards is not yet common in Angola, and not all cards are accepted. Currency exchange offices typically operate during regular business hours.
The most common form of transportation in Angola is by car, either private or through taxis. There are also some public transportation options, such as buses and trains, but these are less reliable and can be crowded. Domestic flights are available for longer distances.
- Mussulo Island – A beautiful island near Luanda, known for its white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters.
- Kalandula Falls – The second-largest waterfall in Africa, located in the Kwanza Norte province.
- Bengo National Park – A national park near Luanda, known for its diverse flora and fauna.
- The Tundavala Fissure – A stunning natural attraction located near the city of Lubango, with breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- The Fortress of São Miguel – A historic fortress located in Luanda, built by the Portuguese in the 16th century.