PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Albania among 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest airfare to Albania with PlaneJourney. Albania has a population of approximately 2.9 million people.
Major cities and airports in Albania
- Tirana – Tirana International Airport Nënë Tereza
- Vlorë – Vlorë International Airport
- Shkodër – Shkodër Airport
- Elbasan – Elbasan Airport
- Kukës – Kukës Airport
Time and Communication
Albania is in the Central European Time Zone (CET), which is 1 hour ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+1). Albania observes daylight saving time, which starts on the last Sunday of March and ends on the last Sunday of October. Mobile operators in Albania include Vodafone Albania, Telekom Albania, and Albtelecom. Cell phone coverage is widely available across the country.
Money and shopping
The official currency in Albania is the Lek. As of February 2023, the exchange rate is approximately 1 USD to 111 Lek. Payment in other currencies is not widely accepted. Payment by bank cards is becoming more common in Albania, but it is still advisable to carry cash. Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted, but other cards may not be. Currency exchange offices are typically open from 9am to 5pm on weekdays and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays.
The most common mode of transportation for travelers in Albania is by bus, as there are frequent connections to major cities and towns. Taxis are also available in cities and larger towns. Rental cars are available at major airports and in larger cities, but driving in Albania can be challenging due to poor road conditions and aggressive driving habits.
- The Albanian Alps – a range of stunning mountains with hiking trails and breathtaking scenery
- Berat – a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its well-preserved Ottoman architecture
- Butrint – an ancient Greek and Roman city with ruins and a theater
- Skanderbeg Square – the main square in Tirana, surrounded by important government buildings and historical landmarks
- Krujë – a historic town known for its castle and traditional bazaar