PlaneJourney finds and compares airfares to Belize from 1093 airlines from around the world. You can’t buy airline tickets on our site, but you can find the lowest prices and special offers with no extra fees or surcharges. Find the cheapest tickets to Belize with PlaneJourney. Belize has a population of approximately 400,000 people.
Major cities and airports in Belize
- Belize City – Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
- Punta Gorda – Punta Gorda Airport
- San Pedro – San Pedro Airport
- Belmopan – Belmopan Airport
- Dangriga – Dangriga Airport
- Corozal Town – Corozal Airport
- Orange Walk Town – Orange Walk Airport
Time and Communication
Belize is in the Central Standard Time (GMT-6) time zone. It does not observe Daylight Saving Time. The country has a good cellular network, and most mobile operators have 4G coverage in urban areas. However, there may be limited cell phone coverage in remote areas.
Money and shopping
The Belizean dollar is the official currency of Belize. The exchange rate to the US dollar is approximately 2 Belizean dollars to 1 US dollar. While US dollars are widely accepted, it is advisable to have some local currency when traveling in Belize. Credit and debit cards are accepted at most major hotels, restaurants, and shops, but it’s best to carry cash when shopping at local markets. There are several currency exchange offices throughout the country, and most banks are open from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
The most common mode of transportation in Belize is by road. Buses, taxis, and rental cars are available in the major cities. Water taxis and small planes are also available to travel between the islands and the mainland. Belize has a network of paved highways and dirt roads, but some of the more remote areas can be difficult to navigate.
- The Great Blue Hole – A world-famous sinkhole located off the coast of Belize, perfect for diving and snorkeling
- Mayan Ruins – Belize has several ancient Mayan ruins that are open to tourists, including Xunantunich and Caracol
- Caye Caulker – A laid-back island with beautiful beaches and plenty of opportunities for snorkeling and diving
- Belize Barrier Reef – The second-largest coral reef system in the world, home to a diverse range of marine life
- Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave – An underground cave system that was used for Mayan rituals and is now open for tours